Naismith

This fine hut is the fifth and latest to be maintained by the SMC. It was opened in 1999 and named the Naismith Hut, after William Naismith, one of the founder members of the SMC. The conversion of the building for use as a climbers' hut was made possible by funds bequeathed by Prof. P.B. Ayscough.

The hut is located in Elphin, in the far-flung North-west of Scotland. As there are several neighbouring private residences, users of the hut are asked to avoid unnecessary disturbance, particularly when arriving late in the evening. The narrow loop road must not be obstructed by vehicles.


Hut Availability

This availability calendar is not updated in real-time so is indicative only. Enquires to stay in the hut must always be made in advance by contacting the custodian who will also be able to advise on minimum group size.

Last updated: 12 Apr 2018

Legend


Facilities and Booking

pppn £15

10 (including 2 members' spaces) divided between two dormitories

Google Maps

Heating and cooking are by propane gas and electricity, lighting is electric. The hut has drying room, toilets and a shower.

Applications to stay at the hut should be made, preferably by email, to the Honorary Custodian: John Orr

naismith@smc.org.uk

0788 1621 864
Civilised hours only, please.