This fully revised edition of the Scottish Mountaineering Club’s original and best-selling guidebook The Munros describes the best walking routes on Scotland’s 282 mountains above 3000ft.
Comprehensive descriptions in this definitive guide recommend ascent and descent routes for each of the Munros and their 226 subsidiary Tops, with maps of the peaks and principal surrounding hills to help you plan the most enjoyable journeys through Scotland’s wild landscape. The descriptions are brought to life throughout with vivid photography that illustrates the dramatic beauty of these much-loved mountains.
In addition to routes themselves the book contains Munro’s Tables, a complete list of the 508 Munros and subsidiary Tops, listed in height order.
Whether you are an occasional walker looking for inspiration or a dedicated Munroist planning to tick off your next peak, The Munros is essential reading for any hillwalking enthusiast.
- New descriptions for all 282 Munros & 226 Munro Tops
- Maps showing all of the described routes
- Stunning photography throughout
- Complete listing of the hills in Munro's Tables
- Addition hill rounds described for extra enjoyment!
- Printed on sustainably sourced paper
- Climate-neutral printing with ClimatePartner
- All profit helps to fund the Scottish Mountaineering Trust
The book can be purchased online with free P&P by visiting the Scottish Mountaineering Press store.
The SMT is a Scottish-registered charity who invests in the Scottish mountains and the communities who enjoy them.