Lagangarbh Hut is situated north of Buachaille Etive Mor near the River Coupall. It is owned by the National Trust for Scotland and has been occupied and maintained by the Club since 1946. It was extensively refurbished in 1994.
The hut was originally a crofting home, typically with central entrance hall and stairs ahead, two rooms up and down, left and right. The roofing is still the local Ballachulish slate which covered much of Scottish housing. The walls are of thick stone, built to withstand the battering of gales. The Club planted a shelter belt of trees to the west, from whence roar in the prevailing south-westerlies.
Parking for the hut depends on the state of the track leading off south from the A82 at Altnafeadh. If this track is not navigable by car, park in the layby on the opposite (north) side of the A82. Follow the track to the River Coupall, take the footbridge and follow the subsequent path -briefly- to the hut.
Lagangarbh Barn is located immediately behind the main hut and offers additional accommodation.
This availability calendar is not updated in real-time so is indicative only. Enquires to stay in the hut must always be made in advance by contacting the custodian who will also be able to advise on minimum group size.
Last updated: 13 Mar 2019
20 (including 6 members' spaces) divided between two dormitories; additonal 10 spaces in the converted barn
Heating, cooking and lighting is electric. The hut has drying room, toilets and a shower.
Applications to stay at the hut or the barn should be addressed to the Honorary Custodian: Bernard Swan